Published date: August 21, 2020 2:53 pm
Location: Iowa, United States
Student Support Services/Non-Instructional Paraprofessionals/Aides
Lincoln Elementary - Boone, Iowa
Boone CSD - website
BOONE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
CLASSIFIED (SUPPORT) OPPORTUNITY:
Preschool 1:1 Special Education Associate - Lincoln Elementary
3.5 hours/day on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays - while school is in session
1. High school graduate
2. Experience with students
REPORTS TO: Supervising Teacher and Principal
JOB GOAL: To assist the teacher to achieve teaching objectives by working with an individual student.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with an individual student to reinforce learning of content or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
2. Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing content or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of the individual student, his/her needs, interests and abilities.
3. Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
4. Helps the student master equipment or instructional materials assigned by teacher.
5. Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
6. Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
7. Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, field trips and escorts students around the building.
8. Keeps bulletin board and other classroom learning displays up to date.
9. Reads to student, listens to the student read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with student.
10. Assists the student in the library or media center and lunch room.
11. Checks the student’s notebook, corrects papers, and supervises testing and make up work, as assigned by the teacher.
12. Checks and records the student’s attendance and other charting duties as requested by the teacher.
13. Alerts the regular teacher to any problem or special information about the individual student.