Child and Youth Program Assistant

Mark as spam misclassified duplicated expired offensive

Published date: August 12, 2020 5:26 am

Location: Fort Polk, Louisiana, United States

This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur based on the date of application.


Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant in a Child and Youth Services program and maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.

Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs for program participants based on the group and individual children and youth.
Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.

Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules and provides program options for children with special requirements.
Maintains program participation data and complete daily report.
Travel Required

Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. Some positions may require travel to on and off post locations.

For Entry Level (CY-01):
At a minimum, must have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing

For information on the qualification requirements for the higher paying levels such as Skill Level (CY-01) and Target Level (CY-02):
Refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions

Note to applicants: College transcripts or certificates may be required at the time of application for applicants who want to be considered for Skill or Target level.
At minimum a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.

Proof of education is required at the time of application.

In order to meet entry level requirement you must upload a copy of your HS Diploma, HS Transcript (showing the completion date), GED certificate or proof of a college degree. To meet the requirements beyond entry level a college transcript showing course work or certifications will be required to validate the higher graded qualifications.

All education documents must be in English or have a translated copy provided.

Share by email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Pin on Pinterest

Leave your comment