Published date: August 16, 2020 8:39 am
Location: Newnan, Georgia, United States
Under the supervision of the Director, in cooperation with other staff, and consistent with the center's mission, the assistant teacher is responsible for implementing the education and social development of children. Assistant teacher will demonstrate leadership abilities by creating and maintaining a positive learning environment for children enrolled.
The assistant teacher will make sure that the classroom quality is reaching goals and standards. The assistant assist lead teacher with day to day operations in accordance to state licensing.
1. Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for staff and children.
2. Able to maintain a safe and fun environment for children
3. Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service to parent(s).
4. Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all program activities.
5. Be able to participate effectively with other staff in implementing creative and fun activities for students.
6. Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the Center and be able to demonstrate and teach based on those values.
7. Pass a criminal background check and drug test.
8. Associates Degree in any field or at least 2 years experience in early child programs.
9. Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications or achieve in first 90 days.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age.
11. Perform all physical aspects of the position, including frequently moving around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Nice To Haves
Experience with Quality Rated
Experience with Georgia Professional Development System
For Full Time Employees- Vacation days, health insurance, vision, and dental.
Annual Bonus Opportunities
Child day are benefits