Published date: August 16, 2020 6:19 am
Location: Newnan, Georgia, United States
Under the supervision of the Director, in cooperation with other staff, and consistent with the center's mission, the assistant teacher is responsible for implementing the education and social development of children. Assistant teacher will demonstrate leadership abilities by creating and maintaining a positive learning environment for children enrolled.
The assistant teacher will make sure that the classroom quality is reaching goals and standards. The assistant assist lead teacher with day to day operations in accordance to state licensing.
1. Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for staff and children.
2. Able to maintain a safe and fun environment for children
3. Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service to parent(s).
4. Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all program activities.
5. Be able to participate effectively with other staff in implementing creative and fun activities for students.
6. Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the Center and be able to demonstrate and teach based on those values.
7. Pass a criminal background check and drug test.
8. Associates Degree in any field or at least 2 years experience in early child programs.
9. Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications or achieve in first 90 days.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age.
11. Perform all physical aspects of the position, including frequently moving around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
12. Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/ dangerous situations.
13. May provide children with assistance in dealing with issues such as personal hygiene, medical needs, toileting, diapering, lifting, writing, feeding, and getting in or out of transportation.
14. May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as a part of the child care environment.