Published date: March 8, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Amityville, New York, United States
Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by supervising and directing employees in the receiving, warehousing, and distribution center areas.
* Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution center operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
* Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols.
* Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; ensures materials are being transferred accurately in ERP software.
* Maintains physical condition of warehouse, inspects equipment, obtains work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
* Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results. Must be able to meet daily and monthly deadlines.
* Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.