Published date: March 8, 2020 10:27 am
Location: Skaneateles, New York, United States
Fills inventory requests by receiving and dispensing supplies as well as serving customers and helping them select products.
* Receives merchandise by unloading vehicles; checking merchandise for damage; verifying freight bill.
* Fills orders by identifying items requested; pulling items from stock; packing and labeling items; noting back orders; verifying completeness.
* Controls inventory by conducting physical counts and reconciling with inventory system; notifying purchasing department when reorder points are reached; retrieving unused or excess supplies and equipment and reentering them to inventory.
* Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
* Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
* Advises customers by providing information on products.
* Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
* Documents sale by creating or updating customer profile records.
* Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing checks, cash, and store or other credit cards.
* Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
* Provides information by answering questions.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.