Published date: March 7, 2020 9:07 am
Location: Queens Village, New York, United States
- Manage approximately 1 million sqf 80% airport cargo facilities 20% real term logistics properties (trucking terminals). Most of the portfolio is located in/around JFK airport, and Newark airport.
- Ensure properties are maintained in good operational condition
- Work with site management team to ensure systems are properly maintained and tenants needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Oversee property related service contracts and building staff (landscaping, janitorial, site management)
- Responsible for assuring that capital projects are completed on time and within budget in cooperation with the construction group and/or third parties
- Maximize the value of the assigned properties by finding methods to reduce costs and increase efficiencies of building systems and services.
- Responsible for assessing, developing and implementing short term, intermediate and long term strategies which enhance value.
- Responsible for ensuring that property specific compliance requirements are completed including requirements of ground lessors, third party lenders and bondholders, as well as any other investor requirements
- Act as primary point of contact for tenants and their airline customers from lease execution to lease expiration
- Provide new tenant orientation and ongoing enforcement of lease terms
- Manage tenant interface platform for NY/NJ portfolio
- Prepare property business plan/budget and work with senior management to re-forecast R&M and capital expenses as necessary
- Provide monthly reporting to senior management regarding building operations and financial activity
- Complete annual property expense estimate and reconciliation process for assigned properties
- Ensure utilities are billed back to the tenants as required
- Monitor and Manage AR/AP for the assigned properties
- Assist leasing and development with lease negotiations, property expense analysis and operational implications
- Monitor and maintain vacant spaces for show ready condition
- Administrative work as it pertains to bid contracts, tenant services, etc.
- May supervise PM/APM as office requires
What You Need for this Position
-Seven (7) years of commercial/industrial property management experience required Airport Operations/Cargo experience preferred
- Four-year college degree required, Masters preferred
- Industry association designation preferred
- Working knowledge of Yardi preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong financial/accounting skills
- Strong lease administration knowledge/experience inclusive of commercial leases
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and building systems
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to supervise, direct, and mentor subordinates
- Strong analytical and effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple tasks
So, if you are a Property Manager who has experience with airport cargo facilities, warehouse facilities or something similar and wants to be part of a great organization, we'd love to talk. If you don't have the specific experience I've outlined, but feel there is a compelling reason why we should be talking to you, please apply and let me know why I should put you on our interview list.